Are you looking for new dog boots and shoes to protect your pupper's paws from the elements but don't know where to start?
Don't worry because we've got you covered! We searched for and found the 10 best dog boots and shoes for 2022, so you don't have to look.
We've also put together a buyer's guide to help you find the pawfect boots and shoes for your favorite furry friend!
Related: The Ultimate Dog Paw Care Guide
The Top 10 Best Dog Boots and Shoes of 2022
Are you looking for new dog boots and shoes for your favorite furry friend? We've put together this list of the 10 best dog boots and shoes of 2022 for you, so you don't have to!
1. RIFRUF Caesar 1
The Caesar 1 is the only authentic dog sneaker. Made from the same materials that premium human sneakers are made from, the patent-pending Caesar 1 finally gives our pups what they deserve: an actual set of sneakers.
Caesar 1 Product Highlights:
- Durable knitted mesh upper provides maximum protection and breathability
- Natural 100% rubber midsole and outsole protect paws from hot or rough surfaces
- Padded-collar lining offers a snug, locked-down fit for longer, uninterrupted walks
- Adjustable hook and loop strap closure ensures appropriate tightness for your dog's wrists
The Caesar 1 comes in various colors, including Black, Taro, Blush, Bone, and Birch. In addition, every Caesar 1 order comes with four shoes.
Would you like to learn more about RIFRUF? Click here to check out the RIFRUF story!
2. Muttluks Original All-Weather
Muttluks are the original dog boots since their introduction in 1994. The flexible soles of the Muttluk Originals are comfortable and adapt to paw shapes and movement.
Muttluk Originals Product Highlights:
- Nylon exterior fabric is excellent for any climate
- Protects paws from almost any hazard
- Treated leather soles and self-tightening straps provide a flexible, secure fit
- Reflective straps promote nighttime visibility
Muttluk Originals comes in Black and Yellow, with four boots per order.
3. RIFRUF Caesar 1S
The limited edition Caesar 1S might be the freshest dog sneaker around and is bound to turn heads when you take your pup on a walk.
Like their cousins, the Caesar 1, the Caesar 1S is made from the same materials that premium kicks for us humans are made from, making them the only authentic sneakers for dogs.
Caesar 1S Product Highlights:
- The knitted mesh upper is durable, providing maximum breathability and protection.
- 100% natural rubber midsole and outsole help protect paws from rough surfaces.
- The hook and loop strap closure is adjustable to ensure a proper, snug fit for your dog's wrists.
- Padded-collar lining provides a lock-down fit for longer, uninterrupted walks.
- Gusset-tongue construction keeps out dirt and debris and protects the dewclaw.
The Caesar 1 S comes in three stylish colors: Borough, Guava, and Midnight. In addition, each Caesar 1S order comes with four shoes.
4. Healers Urban Walkers Dog Booties
The Urban Walkers original design has been updated with a durable mobile rubber sole that provides improved traction on any terrain.
Healer Urban Walkers Dog Booties Product Highlights:
- Designed to protect your pet's paws from common injuries
- The waterproof fabric prevents the buildup of bacteria and odors
- Made with high-quality, breathable, and lightweight fabric
Urban Walkers now come in cool Orange and Teal Colors.
5. Ruffwear Grip Trex
The Ruffwear Grip Trex boots are perfect if your dog likes to run alongside their humans as they hike, bike, or run.
Ruffwear Grip Trex Dog Boots Product Highlights:
- Tightly woven mesh upper is breathable but keeps dirt and debris out
- Vibram outsoles rugged design gives maximum traction and flexibility
- Intuitive, reliable hook-and-loop cinch closure provides a snug fit
Grip Trex Dog Boots come in Obsidian Black, Lichen Green, and Red Sumac versions.
6. QUMY Dog Shoes for Small Dogs
QUMY Dog Shoes for Small Dogs can be worn indoors and outdoors in hot and cold conditions to help protect their paws from damage and infection.
QUMY Dog Shoes for Small Dogs Product Highlights:
- High-quality rubber soles are soft and comfortable
- Anti-slip soles provide stability and traction
- The split seam opening makes them easy to put on and very comfortable
- Adjustable straps provide a snug fit
QUMY Dog Shoes for Small Dogs come in the following colors: Black, Red, Leopard, Pink, Blue, and Purple.
Related: Why Are Dogs Paws Sensitive?
7. Canada Pooch Soft Shield Boots
The Canada Pooch Soft Shield Boots are easy to put on, stay on, and help to protect your dog's paws from the elements.
Canada Pooch Soft Shield Boots Product Highlights:
- Made from water-resistant materials
- Keeps their paws warm on the coldest of days
- Protect paws from snow, rain, and mud
- Ultra-wide opening to slip on easily with adjustable toggle fit
- Rubber grip on soles for traction and stability
The Canada Pooch Soft Shield Boots come in Black Reflective, Red, and Green Camo Reflective styles.
8. EXPAWLORER Waterproof Dog Boots
The EXPAWLORER Waterproof Dog Boots are reflective and non-slip to keep your dog safe and provide maximum nighttime visibility.
The EXPAWLORER Waterproof Dog Boots Product Highlights:
- The lug-style grooved sole provides excellent traction
- Two-bolt straps make them easy to put on and take off
- Anti-Collision toe-cap protects your dog's toes
- Reflective Velcro straps for superior fit and visibility
The EXPAWLORER Waterproof Dog Boots come in Black and Red versions.
9. QUMY Waterproof Shoes for Dogs
The QUMY Waterproof Shoes for Dogs are perfect for getting your dog out for a nice walk on a rainy day. Made with waterproof materials, they keep water from entering the shoes keeping their paws dry and clean.
The QUMY Waterproof Shoes for Dogs Product Highlights
- Wide split seam and two adjustable straps for a secure, tight fit
- Anti-slip sole is rugged and provides traction and stability
- Reflective straps provide excellent visibility at night
- Great for use in rain, snow, and other wet conditions
QUMY Waterproof Shoes for Dogs come in Black, Blue, Leopard, Pink, Purple, and Red.
10. Protex PawZ Rubber Dog Boots
Pawz Rubber Dog Boots are made of 100% biodegradable rubber, so you can toss them when they wear out. They are perfect for any weather, from rain to winter snow, and protect your dog's paws from hot ground and rocks.
Protex PawZ Rubber Dog Boots Product Highlights:
- Waterproof and Disposable
- Come in a package of 12, so you can replace them as they wear out
- Designed to go on quickly and easily and while fitting securely without straps or zippers
- It fits like a sock allowing maximum comfort and full paw motion
Dog Boots & Shoes Buyer Guide - Choosing the Best Ones For Your Dog
When choosing the best size and style of boots and shoes for your dog, it's good to think about why you're looking to get them footwear.
Do Dogs Need to Wear Boots or Shoes?
There are many reasons why it could be beneficial to wear boots or shoes. Some common causes include the following:
- If your dog has an infection or an injured paw, it may need shoes.
- To protect their paws from hot surfaces like concrete, asphalt, tarmac, and sand.
- In their city, to protect their paws from broken glass and other hazards.
- To protect their paws from cold, snow, icy ground, and de-icing salts/chemicals.
- To protect their paws from getting cut or sliced by rough terrain.
- To give them traction on slippery indoor surfaces.
- Protect their paws from trail hazards like cactus needles, foxtails, and thorns, which can get stuck between their paw pads.
How Do you Measure Their Paws for Dog Boots and Shoes?
If you've ever worn ill-fitting shoes, you know how comfortable they can be, so getting great-fitting ones for your puppy is critical.
Before you measure your dog's paws, look at the website of the brand you're considering, as they will typically have their own size and measuring guides.
A dog's paws can be different sizes, so it's a good idea to measure each of its paws. Once you have their measurements, you can compare them to the ones on the manufacturer's website to find the right size for your dog.
Here are several methods you can use to measure your dog's paws.
Use Water to Make a Paw Impression
A great way to mark your dog's paw size is to put water on his paw and then press it down onto a piece of paper, ensuring that the paw is fully splayed.
The wetness will make an impression of their paw print on the paper. You can then measure the widest parts of the length and width of their paw.
Mark The Paw Length and Width on Paper
Another way to measure your dog's paw size is to have them stand on a piece of paper and mark the length and width of their paw, including the nail.
Use a treat to get them to put a paw on the paper. You might have to gently push down on the paw to get it fully splayed to mark it at its widest points.
Measure Using a Tape Measure or Ruler
You can use a tape measure or rule to measure your dog's paw if you can get them to sit still long enough.
Hold their paw in your hand, splay it open, and then measure the length and width at their widest points. You could also get your dog to stand on the rule or tape measure and get the measurement that way.
Use a Manufacturer Provided Paw Size Chart
Many dog boot and shoe manufacturers have downloadable, printable, pictorial paw size charts that you can use to find the proper size.
Be sure to print the charts in real size. Then hold your dog's paw down against the different-sized images on the chart to find the best one.
Essential Features To Consider When Buying the Best Boots and Shoes for Your Dog
Let's take a look at some of the crucial features you need to consider when choosing which brands and styles of dog shoes are best for your pup:
- Quality Materials - Look for boots and shoes made with durable outer materials and softer interior ones that won't catch on dew claws or nails.
- Waterproof or Water-Resistant Materials - If you want your dog to wear their boots and shoes in the snow and rain, look for waterproof and water-resistant materials. to keep its paws dry and warmer longer.
- Easy to Put On and Adjustable - The easier it is to put the shoes and boots on your dog, the more quickly you can train them to wear them. Adjustability is essential to get a snug, secure fit. Look for one with Velcro straps or snap locks and buckles.
- Textured Soles for Traction - Good traction is critical for your dog to feel confident and safe wearing boots and walking around.
Keep your pup’s paws safe with dog sneakers from RIFRUF!
Protect Your Pup's Paws with the Best Dog Boots & Shoes
Protecting your dog's paws is integral to helping them live a fun and active life. Many things, from hot surfaces to snow and ice to sharp objects, can damage their paws and negatively impact their mobility and quality of life.
Buying the best dog shoes that fit and protect their paws is a great way to ensure that they can get out and play even in conditions that aren't ideal. And you won't have to worry about something happening to their paws.
Dog shoes can also be as fashionable as they are functional. Modern styles like the RIFRUF Caesar 1S are made with the same high-quality materials we humans wear.
By measuring your dog's paws correctly and finding the right-sized boots and shoes, you and your fur baby can go for walks in comfort and style!
Related: Why Is My Puppy Limping?